The history of the park begins in 1827, when the organization of the Women's Charity Association rented the land, then a wild terrain, with the purpose of establishing a recreational place. The park was opened to the public in the early 1830s, initially having the name of the Popular Garden.
In 2010, the Central Park was included on the list of historical monuments in Cluj County.
In recent years, cultural or recreational events are organized periodically in the Casino building or on the alleyways of the park, thus making the park a very pleasant place for spending free time. Also worth mentioning are the special locations where many locals hang their hammocks and spend a few relaxing hours in nature.
ParkingParking is more difficult, you have to rely on luck and on the parking spaces at the Cluj Arena. It is best to leave your car at the hotel (or at home) and use public transport.
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Blister kit
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.