Herăstrău is an artificial lake located north of Bucharest from the Colentina River, in the area where it crosses the city limits, between Lake Băneasa upstream and the Floreasca River. The lake is located in the Herăstrău Park, which covers an area of almost 110 hectares.
The route is completely paved (renovation 2016/2017). The Herăstrău See tour is the most popular training site for the Bucharest inhabitants who come here as soon as their activities allow them to. You can run there any time of year, even if the wind blows a little on your face in winter.
In the summer, water fountains are available on the flower island. They allow you to cool down because the heat can be suffocating (due to the continental climate). Small traders that are open all year round can also sell bottled water to you.For those who listen to music online while on their cell phones, the entire course is covered with 4G.
Safety informationBeware of ice in winter. Adapt your stride.
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentJust a good pair of shoes will do it.
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.