[C1] Cascioarele - Oltenita - Manastirea
Cascioarele - start pointPhoto: Cicloturism Calarasi, CicoturismCalarasi
This bike trail offers you the possibility to travel along the Romanian Danube side from Cascioarele (the entrance in Calarasi county) to Manastirea in a 48km daytrip. For sure, you can choose to accomodate in Oltenita and experience some of the local cultural or leisure activities.
The route is on 100% asphalt road, on national road DN31 & DN41. It was also based on EuroVelo 6 route in Romania (not Euro Velo omologated; just the same route), so you can easy link your cycle touristic trip from Atlatic to Black Sea.
This is a bike trail realised in a local project, accesed by Administrative Unity of Calarasi - "Promoting the natural heritage in Calarasi Danube area through ecotourism", financed by POP 2007-2013. Almost 200km of cycle touristic bike trails (2 road trails + 2 MTB trails + 1 aquatic trail, on Danube) were created.
More details on: http://smartatletic.ro/cicloturismcalarasi/c1
- the interactive map with all 5 tracks
- Facebook official page
If planning a trip or passing on this trail, take into consideration to:
- see Ostrovel Island in Cascioarele, on Catalui Lake
- take a bath in Aqua park Oltenita
- go to Oltenita harbour to see Danube
- go on left side Arges river (will see the C3 offroad path signs) and see the confluence place of Arges with Danube; it's only 5km.
- see the Monastery in Manastirea
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others