Smell, touch, feel, hear and see. Hikers learn about the ecology of the forest and its importance for humans and animals.
Distance 3.1 km
Everyone feels comfortable on this forest adventure trail. Here, strolling spa guests, jogging sportsmen, mothers with prams and inquisitive children meet, who appreciate the flat terrain, the educational information and the artistic wooden sculptures. A woodpecker shows the audience the way.Insights into the hiking tour:Discovering which animals live in an old, dead oak tree, looking at a 1000-year-old tree root from below or throwing the forest's food chains together: These are just a few of the eventful stops on the forest adventure trail. While the children discover nature through play, parents and grandparents enjoy a formative view of the Moselle valley near Lieser. No asphalt on this hike
Take your time for the many different impressions - also thanks to the many display boards.
Update: February 09, 2021
Getting thereThe forest adventure trail is signposted in Lieser from the market square to the Lieser Plateau. It can also be reached via Bernkastel-Kues, spa clinics and the Kueser Plateau. There is a forest car park along the road with the entrance sign to the adventure trail.
ParkingParking spaces at the health resort centre and in the hikers' car park. Kueser Plateau, 54470 Bernkastel-Kues
32U 359791 5531497
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThe round tour is also suitable for families with children, but "real" shoes are never wrong.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view