Following the route you come to the Platzer Kuppe (737m), which you circle around on your bike. From there you have a great panoramic view of the Rhön. Now the circular route leads to Totansberg (839m), Erlenberg (826m) and Lerchenhügel. The path takes a northerly direction and leads to the former basalt works of Stangenroth. Then the trail leads on a hillside via Oberbach and Riedenberg back to Schildeck to the starting point, the Vier Eichen hiking car park.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies, of course, to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
- In the Rhön, the paths are shared. If there is mutual consideration, nobody has to be angry.
- Trails and paths are best for driving. Across the meadow - don't do it!
- Take the memory with you and your trash!
- Never drive faster than you can stop.
- At night (and in winter) the forest belongs to the animals.
We recommend that you only ride the mountainbike trails in the summer season (May-October).
Tips and hintsHiking huts
- Schwarze Berge nature reserve
Getting thereThe Vier Eichen car park can be accessed via the A7. Leave the autobahn at exit 95 Bad Brückenau and follow the B286 in the direction of Geroda. Shortly after the motorway exit you will reach Schildeck. At the other end of the village, turn left and reach the Vier Eichen car park.
ParkingParking lot Vier Eichen, Geroda | GoogleMaps
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThere are numerous recommendations for the right equipment on a mountain bike tour. We recommend that you take a look at the BIKE BOOKLET (in German). This was written for you by mountain bikers and technical experts. Among other things, the following is recommended for equipment:
- helmet / gloves / sunglasses
- fitting backpack with rain protection
- tools and spare parts
- warming / cooling clothes
- first aid kid
- tools for orientation (map, navigation)
- safety (mobil phone, money, credit card, sun blocker)