7 ponds have given this hiking route its name and on 16 display boards we experience the area of the Westerwald Lake District at selected points.
Distance 13 km
Starting from the adventure playground between Steinen and Dreifelden, we will soon reach the nature reserve at the Dreifelder Weiher. We enjoy the calming view over the gentle waves and walk over forest paths and boardwalks through the alder-lined wetland. We take plenty of time for the display boards and quietly observe the extraordinary bird life that is at home here. With the Dreifelder Weiher firmly in view, we follow the path until we come to Langenbaum towards Steinebach a.d. Turn off Wied, where we can admire the cultural monument Talburgruine. Past the bakery, we soon come back to a meadow path and into the Steinebach sculpture park. Five sculptures with accompanying information boards were created here by local artists. Via Schmidthahn, the path soon leads us past the Hofmannsweiher to the west bank of the Dreifelder Weihers. With the Haidenweiher we pass another body of water in the lake district and hike back to the Steinen-Dreifelden adventure playground via forest paths.
Enjoy a great view of the numerous ponds from one of the benches.
AuthorLisa Effert - Hachenburger Westerwald
Update: November 22, 2021
Rest StopGasthof-Pension Zum Seeweiher
Campingpark-Café-Restaurant "Haus am See"
- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you then you should bypass this. Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages.
- Especially in autumn, it is important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsTourist Information Hachenburger Westerwald
Tel .: 02662-958339
Getting thereFrom Hachenburg (north): We leave Hachenburg via Steinebacher Straße. At the end of the village we follow the L292 to Steinebach. In Steinebach we follow the Hachenburger Straße until we follow the L292 again at the end of the village. We follow this road to the end and then turn left onto the B8. We follow the B8 to Steinen, where we turn left into Lindenstrasse. From the end of the village we follow the K138 for about 1.5 kilometers until we turn right into the parking lot of the Steinen-Dreifelden adventure playground.
From Selters (southwest): We drive over the L304 to Freilingen. In Freilingen we turn left into Hohe Straße. After Freilingen we turn right onto the L303, which we follow for about 2.5 kilometers until we turn left onto the K1. We follow this street until the parking lot of the adventure playground Steinen-Dreifelden is on the left.
From Westerburg (east): We leave Westerburg via Langenhahner Straße and turn right at the end of the street onto the L288. Follow this street to Hinterkirchen, where we turn left into Westerburger Straße. At the intersection with the B255 / Koblenzer Straße we turn left and immediately afterwards slightly right into Freilinger Straße. We continue to follow the L304 until we turn left from Wölferlinger Straße (previously L304) in Freilingen into Hohe Straße. We leave Hohe Straße after Freilingen to the right onto the L303. After about half a kilometer we turn left onto the K1. We follow this road until we turn left to the parking lot at the Steinen-Dreifelden adventure playground.
ParkingSteinebach an der Wied: Free parking space opposite the Haus am See campsite, Steinebacher Straße 1, 57629 Steinebach an der Wied
Free parking space at the Seeburg cemetery, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Steinebach an der Wied
Dreifelden: Free parking space at the golf course in Dreifelden, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Dreifelden
Free of charge Parking lot at the entrance to Dreifelden, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Dreifelden (opposite the parking lot of the golf course there is a street leading to the parking lot)
Free car park at the Steinen / Dreifelden adventure playground, Seeburger Strasse, 56244 Steinen
32U 416946 5603851
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view