Rest StopHübinger Treff
Landgasthof Zum Wiesengrund
Gaststätte Zum Grünen Baum
In the winter months, the quality of the path may be impaired due to wood clearing work on individual sections of the path.
Due to the dryness and the extreme increase of bark beetles resulting from it wood felling work must be accomplished on the Wäller tour chaffinch country. for this reason the footpath is probably diverted to at the end of of July on the distance between Gackenbach and Dies in some places. The detour is signposted. Thank you for your understanding.
Tips and hints
A hiking map and a hiking guide to the Wäller tours are available in the Westerwald-Shop.
Information on the game and leisure park is available at www.wild-freizeitpark-westerwald.de
Further tourist information under:Tourist Information Montabaur MunicipalityLarge market 12, 56410 Montabaur Phone: 02602/9502780, Fax: email@example.com, www.suedlicher-westerwald.de
From the north:A3 exit 40 - Montabaur on the B255 direction Montabaur.- Pass Montabaur (bypass) onto the B49 in the direction of Koblenz, Bad Ems, Nassau.- Turn right onto the L326 towards Holler.- Drive through Holler, Untershausen, Daubach and Horbach; continue on the L326 to Gackenbach. Below the Ignatius-Lötschert-Haus, located at the edge of the forest, turn left into Kirchstraße in Gackenbach; continue to the parish church (parking for hikers just behind the parish church).
From the south:- A3 exit 41 - Diez, pass under the freeway, turn right in the direction of Görgeshausen- before Görgeshausen turn right in the direction of Eppenrod / Isselbach.- In Eppenrod first turn left in the direction of Holzappel, then immediately turn right in the direction of Gelbachtal / Isselbach.- follow the L325 through Isselbach and Giershausen for approx. 5 km, then turn right onto the K171 to Gackenbach- Hikers' parking lot in the upper village immediately after entering the village and in front of the parish church.
ParkingSmall parking lot for hikers in Kirchstraße, 56412 Gackenbach in front of the parish church
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- Sturdy shoes,
- appropriate clothing adapted to the weather
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.