The Burgstadt Trail Dream Loop is a restorative, easy round tour for relaxing south of Kastellaun, leading through mighty, unspoiled and yet light-filled forests on narrow paths and old mail routes with a number of surprising high points. An idyllic meadow by a waterlily pond right in the middle of the forest invites to linger. The highlight at the end of the trail is the windthrow experience path “Kyrill”.
This hiking trail is suitable for families and has been awarded 72 experience points by the German Hiking Institute.
Tips and hints
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.