An entertaining and attractive tour which leads past the Double Maar of Boos and goes around the Schneeberg before ending up in the tranquil Eifel village of Boos. Its most characteristic feature is the 25-metre “Boos Eifel Tower”, which offers fantastic far-reaching views over the Volcanic Eifel and as far as the Nürburg.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Eifel Tower (25 metres high)
- Wading pool with herb garden
- Eifel village of Boos
- Far-reaching views of the Volcanic Eifel and the Nürburg
- Double Maar of Boos
Rest stopsEifelhotel Fuchs in Boos
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
A 48 exit Mayen/Mendig - B 258 direction Nürburgring - in Kreuznick direction Gerolstein/Boos on B 410 - behind Boos on L 94 direction Nürburgring
56729 Boos, volcano park station near Boos (L 94)
56729 Boos, volcano park station Booser Doppelmaar (L94)
56729 Parking lot at the youth center (Schulstraße 1)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
- 10 Waypoints
- 10 Waypoints