Rocky paths, fantastic panoramas, vineyards, quiet side valleys, close to the Rhine, a castle and of course - the Loreley as the starting point and highlight.
Distance 14.3 km
The Loreley extra tour offers everything in one loop that you could hope for from a round tour in the Middle Rhine Valley. In addition to the impressive panoramas of the Rhine, where the Loreley-Extratour runs parallel to the Rheinsteig, you can also experience the vastness of the high plateau and the quiet of the small stream valleys that flow into the Rhine.
Recommendation for the daring: Above St. Goarshausen, the Rabenacksteig is a not too difficult via ferrata (can be done as a circular tour).
Update: April 05, 2022
Rest stopsBistro "Am mythischen Fels"
Safety informationGeneral safety instructions:
- Wear suitable clothing that is appropriate for the weather and protects you from cold and wet or heat and sun.
- Plan your stages with appropriate breaks and use your strength sparingly.
- Take enough liquid with you. Refreshments are not available everywhere.
- Please put on hiking shoes that are suitable for the path, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you think that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you, then you should bypass them. Especially in adverse weather conditions, natural paths can be muddy and slippery.
- In autumn in particular, it is important to note that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. You have to reckon with path impairments of this kind when you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and clearly dangerous places are of course secured with railings or ropes. Please treat these security measures as such. Railings are intended as a fall protection and not as a climbing frame or lookout tower. Please treat these security measures as such. Railings are intended as a fall protection and not as a climbing frame or lookout tower.
Tips and hintsThe implementation of this path was funded as part of the PAUL development program with the participation of the European Union and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, represented by the Ministry for the Environment, Agriculture, Food, Viticulture and Forestry.
European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: This is where Europe invests in rural areas.
Romantischer Rhein Tourismus GmbH
A leader project of the Local Action Group World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley in the funding period 2007 to 2013
Getting thereB 42 to St. Goarshausen. Then follow the signs to the Loreley.
Ferry from St. Goar to St. Goarshausen.
There is also a shuttle bus that goes directly up to the Loreley, the departure times are available at:
ParkingLoreley Visitor Center car park.
32U 409392 5555190
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- Hiking shoes
- Appropriate clothing appropriate to the weather
- 11 Waypoints
- 11 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view