Marking: Red cross on a white background
Full route name: Cisnădie - Măgura Peak – Cărbunări Peak - Sadului Valley (Valea Sadului)
On Livezii Street in Cisnădie, the route follows a wide forest road, with mountain views and flowery plains. It intersects with several springs and then joins the Sadului Valley (Valea Sadului) through Cărbunări Clearing. The route is an easy one, appropriate for families, with many picnic places and a maximum altitude of 1304 meters, on the Măgura Peak.
Tips and hints
The departure will be from the town of Cisnădie. From Sibiu you can take a bus having the route Sibiu – Cisnădie, in order to avoid the use of the personal car and to have the lowest possible impact on the environmental pollution. The bus schedule can be found on the autogări.ro website. In Cisnădie, at the starting point of the route, you will find a map with all the information needed for the route. Follow the markings and the signage on the route and it will be very easy to find your way. Enjoy your hike!
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
- Waterproof hiking boots with grippy soles;
- Clothing adapted to the season, including a final waterproof layer;
- Small tour rucksack;
- An extra T-shirt;
- Cap / hat, Sunglasses;
- Bottle of water, minimum 1 l.;
- Food for a break in the middle of the route (we recommend a sandwich and something sweet – chocolate or energy bar).
- Trekking poles can be helpful