Comana Natural Park at dusk
Comana Natural Park
Year of establishment: 2005
Area: 249.61 km²
Activities in Comana Natural Park
Attractions in Comana Natural Park
Comana Adventure Park is located inside the Comana Nature Park, circa 35 kilometers from Bucharest. ...
The Comana Monastery is an important tourist attraction near the Comana Natural Park. Those who go ...
Atelierul-muzeu „Moara de hârtie” este un loc de basm în apropiere de București care își propune ...
The park is a special conservation area with a protection regime for several species of spontaneous flora ( butcher's-broom or peonies) and fauna. The park includes the Ologa-Grădinari Forest and Padina Tătarului Forest reservations.
Until a few years ago, many cross-country cyclists took to the few unmarked trails around the park, because of their wilderness and the numerous possibilities to observe some plants. The tourist development of the area in recent years has led to the emergence of many other possibilities for recreational activities:
- themed cycle tours
- guided walks through the park with the observation of plant species and fauna
- sports grounds (basketball, football, table tennis tables, badminton area)
- adventure park (with multiple activity options, separate from those in the large park)
- kayak rides
- birdwatching in specially arranged observation points
- horse riding
- one-day camps for schoolchildren (to learn practical wildlife survival activities)
- creative workshops (at the Paper Mill)
There's not a perfect season to visit the Comana Natural Park. For those passionate about photography or biology, it is recommended to visit with a certified guide for floristic observation purposes.
Balta Comana is the second most important place for biodiversity after the Danube Delta.