- Parking for people with disabilities
- Step-free access to the building/object/terrain (via elevator/ramp if necessary)
- All other rooms and facilities available to the guests are infinitely accessible by elevator or ramp
- 80 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- 70 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- Toilets for people with disabilities
- Lateral accessible toilet for a wheelchair
- Hinged grab rail in the toilet at least on the accessible side
Audit Report: PDF report on accessibility for Walking disability and wheelchair users
All areas relevant for testing meet the quality criteria of the label "Accessibility certified - partially accessible for people with walking disabilities and wheelchair users".
Some information on accessibility are listed below. For detailed information please see the evaluation report.
- There is one marked parking space for people with disabilities 30 m away on Henrik-Moor-Weg (space size: 350 cm x 500 cm) and two marked parking spaces for people with disabilities 200 m away from the main entrance (space size: 350 cm x 500 cm).
- The building is accessible without steps via the main entrance and the Henrik-Moor-Weg entrance (door threshold 2 cm high).
- Almost all rooms and facilities that can be used and raised for the guest are step-free/levelled, via my ramp and a lift . Exception: The 3rd floor is only accessible via the stairs.
- The ramp between the main entrance and the ticket office has a maximum gradient of 9.8%, a walking width of 2 and a total length of 2 metres.
- The lift cabin is 135 cm x 188 cm. The lift door is 90 cm wide.
- All doors/passages that can be used by the guest and are raised are at least 80 cm.
- The cash desk is 76 cm high at the lowest point.
- The exhibits are predominantly visible from a seated position.
- The information on the exhibits can be read mainly while sitting.
- Seating is available in the exhibition.
- Guided tours for people with disabilities are offered. The entire guided tour route is step-free for wheelchair users.
Public toilet for people with disabilities (ground floor)
- The manoeuvring areas are:
180 cm x 180 cm in front of the washbasin;
in front of the toilet 180 cm x 180 cm;
to the left of the toilet 92 cm x 70 cm;
to the right of the toilet 160 cm x 70 cm.
- There are grab rails to the left and right of the toilet.
- Both grab rails are flipped-up.
- The washbasin is accessible from underneath at a height of 67 cm and a depth of less than 30 cm.
- The mirror is visible while sitting and standing.
- There is a cord as an alarm trigger.