- Parking for people with disabilities
- Step-free access to the building/object/terrain (via elevator/ramp if necessary)
- All other rooms and facilities available to the guests are infinitely accessible by elevator or ramp
- 90 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- 80 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- 70 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- Toilets for people with disabilities
- Hinged grab rail in the toilet at least on the accessible side
Audit Report: PDF report on accessibility for Walking disability and wheelchair users
All areas relevant for testing meet the quality criteria of the label "Accessibility certified - partially accessible for people with walking disabilities".
Some information on accessibility are listed below. For detailed information please see the evaluation report.
- There are three marked parking spaces for people with disabilities at the back entrance (parking space size: 350 cm x 550 cm).
- The bus stop "Börse" is 110 m away.
- The museum is steplessly accessible via the back entrance. Directly behind the entrance door is the elevator that goes to the ground floor and the 1st and 2nd floors. The cabin is 109 cm x 140 cm.
- The basement with the special exhibition is accessible via rail ramps (14 % incline over a length of 3 m) and a subsequent stair platform lift (platform: 81 cm x 97 cm).
- All evaluated passageways/doors available to the guests are at least 90 cm wide.
- The museum cash desk is at its lowest point 103 cm high.
- The exhibits are predominately visible when seated and information can be read while seated.
- Guided tours for people with walking impairments and wheelchair users are offered. A reservation in advance is necessary. Mobile or fixed seats are available, which may be used during the guided tour. The entire route of the guided tour is steplessly.
Public toilet for people with disabilities (1st upper floor)
- The manoeuvring spaces are:
in front of the toilet 140 cm x 53 cm; in front of the washbasin 130 cm x 98 cm;
right of the toilet 80 cm x 53 cm, no manoeuvring space on the left.
- There are grab rails available on the right and left of the toilet. The grab rail on the right of the toilet can be flipped-up.
- The sink is wheelchair compatible.
- An alarm trigger is not available.